Just thought I would give an up date on Kody.
Kody had surgery on Tuesday and they repaired the Interrupted Aortic Arch and patched the hole in his heart. Hopefully he won't need the second surgery they had thought eariler for the Pulmonary Artery. When they tried to take him off the heart lung machine his left ventricle was working to hard after the repairs. So they put him on the echmo machine which is like the heart lung machine. This machine will do all the work for his heart and lungs so they can rest.
Today they were going to try and slowly take him off the echmo but he still had some fluid on him. The Dr. thought it would be best to get the fluid off before they tried to get him off the Echmo so it looks like it will be Monday before we can try that again. Once we get off the Echmo they will be able to close his chest which had to be left open for the machine to be hooked up. Then we'll be on the road to recovery and be home soon.
Please keep us in your prayers for Kody's recovery. We can't wait to get home and get everything back to normal. We appreciate everyone's thoughts, prayers, emails and comments. It helps knowing that everyone is thinking of us and Kody. Hopefully we'll be able to get home soon.
About Me
- Jamie Jones
- Monticello, KY, United States
- Hi! For those of you that don't know me I'm Jamie Jones and I've been married to Marc for six years. We have a four year old daughter Katie and expecting a son Kody! We are scheduled for delivery June 22, 2009 I've always been a private person and didn't want my personal life posted for everyone to read. But the other night I came across a blog that really made me think different. A few months ago we found out our son is going to be born with a heart defect. So researching trying to find out as much as I can I found a family that is going through the same thing and it has really touched my heart. Their outlook and faith in God was really what I needed that night. I feel like I was lead to their page for a reason. I've thought about them often today and decided to post my own blog. We have a lot of family and friends that are praying for us and this will help keep them posted.
1 comment:
Jamie - please know that Kody, you, Marc and Katie remain in our prayers. We hope & pray tomorrow goes as planned. If there is anything we can do here at home, please don't hesitate to ask. We wouldn't mind at all. We love you!
Love,
The Goleys
Post a Comment