About Me

My photo
Monticello, KY, United States
Hi! For those of you that don't know me I'm Jamie Jones and I've been married to Marc for six years. We have a four year old daughter Katie and expecting a son Kody! We are scheduled for delivery June 22, 2009 I've always been a private person and didn't want my personal life posted for everyone to read. But the other night I came across a blog that really made me think different. A few months ago we found out our son is going to be born with a heart defect. So researching trying to find out as much as I can I found a family that is going through the same thing and it has really touched my heart. Their outlook and faith in God was really what I needed that night. I feel like I was lead to their page for a reason. I've thought about them often today and decided to post my own blog. We have a lot of family and friends that are praying for us and this will help keep them posted.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Kody Stephen Jones







Kody Stephen was born Monday @ 1:40 pm. He suprised us weighing 10 lb 2 oz and was 19.75 inches!! We were expecting a nine pound baby but when we saw him we knew he was a lot bigger than Katie who weighed 9 lb 1 oz. No wonder I was so miserable those last few weeks.


When he was born they did have a room full of nurses and doctors in delivery. I think Marc told me there were about six or seven waiting to check him out. They did let Marc bring him to me for just a second. I got to see his face and then they took him off to the NICU. It was 5:30 before Marc as allowed to go see him. They did several tests to see what his heart looked like. While Marc was gone to see Kody Dr. Cottrill came and spoke with me. She did confirm the Interrupted Aortic Arch and the Pulmonary Artery was twice the size it should be. To correct this they need to do surgery to connect the arch together and band the Pulmonary Artery to restrict blood flow. They have set the surgery for Tuesday June 30th. The surgery will last about three to four hours and if all goes well we can come home 5-14 days after surgery. He'll need another surgery 3-6 months later to correct the Pulmonary Artery and to patch the hole in his heart. I finally got the feeling back in my legs and got to go see Kody at 9 pm Monday night.

























Katie did get to see Kody when he was in the NICU. The first time he opened his eyes was when he heard her talking. She sung Jesus Loves Me and This Little Light of Mine. She was so excited she wanted to hold and feed him. So far she hasn't asked to many questions. They moved him Wed. evening to PICU and they don't allow children under 12 to visit so she didn't get to come back and see him. Here he has a private room and a nurse who only has one or two patients. We can come back anytime and even stay all night with him.




















These are a couple of pictures with his eyes open. He doesn't look like there is any thing wrong with him. His color looks great. The little white tabs with the lines are to monitor his heart. The other lines are coming out of his umbilical cord they are for the IV and to draw blood. This way they don't have to stick him every time they draw blood. We can't pick him up or hold him right now. When we feed him we can only raise his head like the picture above.



















The only time that I did get to hold him was on Tuesday in the NICU. The nurse he had that day was really great. She helped me with him and we got to watch his first bath. He doesn't like the bath or getting his diaper changed. Other than that he has been really good. He sleeps most of the time and doesn't fuss much at all. The doctors said from here till Tuesday we are going to keep everything pretty much the same. Right now he's getting to drink 15 cc's of milk. They only let him have 5 cc's at first and gradually worked up to the 15. They don't want him to take to much till after the surgery.






















Right now we are going to just hang out and spend as much time with Kody as we can. We've just about kissed his little cheeks off already. He really likes those kisses too most of the time we can get a little smile or that's just Daddy's whiskers tickling him.




This is the sign the nurses made for Kody in NICU. They weigh them in grams and the other babies in the room with him weighed around 770 grams. He weighed 4610 grams and was huge compared to the other babies.




We would like to thank every one for their cards, phone calls, gifts, emails and mostly their prayers. Next week is going to be really tough.


Please keep us in your prayers next week when Kody has surgery and through his recovery.




Marc, Jamie, Katie and Kody Jones


7 comments:

Misty and Jonathan said...

Marc, Jamie & Katie - What a precious baby boy that you have! He's beautiful! Our prayers are with you as Tuesday approaches. We plan to come see you that day - but will call first to make sure its ok. We love you.
Love,
Misty & Jonathan

Gina Guffey said...

Jamie & family,

Congratulations on such a sweet baby boy! My thoughts and prayers are with you. Katie looks like she is the beaming big Sis. Take care and if you need anything let us know. May God Bless you and your family!

Love,
Gina

Anonymous said...

Kody is a handsome little guy and so big, wow 10 lbs. He looks so strong and happy. We'll continue to keep you guys in our prayers. Take care and God Bless!

Love, Tabatha, Michael & Cayman

Anonymous said...

That baby boy is a doll! I cant believe he was so big! Our prayers are with you guys. Katie seems to enjoy that little guy so much already! Take care!
Josh, Kristi, and Nathan Smith

Anonymous said...

You all have a beautiful big boy. I've been thinking about you all a lot! It's really good to hear from you all and see pictures. They are really good ones! He's precious just like Katie. They are both adorable children. I don't know how to get ahold of you guys. I asked Gary if he had Marc's cell# and he said he didn't think he did. I claim victory over little Kody's life at this moment. My prayers are with you all and I hope tomorrow is a wonderful outcome for all of you. I look forward to hearing more. Love you all very much,Stephanie

Amanda Dobbs said...

I can't believe how much Kody looks like Katie. I can't wait to meet him. I know Katie is anxious to get him home. She is so proud to be a big sister. Michael & I will continue to keep you and Marc in our prayers.
See you when you get home.

Love,
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Jamie, Marc and Katie,

Kody is so adorable. Looks a picture of health. God has his hand on him and he is your miracle baby. God is still in the miracle working business. Our prayers are with you.

Rex and Charlotte Chesser

Post a Comment