KODY JONES
Kody Stephen Jones, passed away Saturday at the University of Kentucky Hospital
He is the infant son of Marc and Jamie Jones;the brother of Katie Jones, the grandson of Connie and Doug Vitatoe, Beverly and Jerry Hanks and Brent Jones;the great-grandson of Raymond and Wilma Coffey and Euetta Keith; and the nephew of Amanda Dobbs, Rodney Burnett, Jacob Vitatoe and Mathew Jones.
The funeral service will be 1pm Wednesday in the Funeral Home Chapelwith Bro. Howard Slagle and Bro. Finley Vaughn officiating.
Burial will be in the Old Sandusky Cemetery
The family will recieve freinds from 5 to 9 Tuesday and Wednesday until servcie time Expressions of sympathy may take the form of donations to the University of Kentucky Childrens Hospital
Hickey & Son
About Me
- Jamie Jones
- Monticello, KY, United States
- Hi! For those of you that don't know me I'm Jamie Jones and I've been married to Marc for six years. We have a four year old daughter Katie and expecting a son Kody! We are scheduled for delivery June 22, 2009 I've always been a private person and didn't want my personal life posted for everyone to read. But the other night I came across a blog that really made me think different. A few months ago we found out our son is going to be born with a heart defect. So researching trying to find out as much as I can I found a family that is going through the same thing and it has really touched my heart. Their outlook and faith in God was really what I needed that night. I feel like I was lead to their page for a reason. I've thought about them often today and decided to post my own blog. We have a lot of family and friends that are praying for us and this will help keep them posted.
16 comments:
Jamie, Marc & Katie - There are no words to express the sorrow that we feel for your loss. We are so very sorry; and wish there was a way to take your pain away. We will pray for strength and courage for your family as you take 1 day at a time. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart. God bless you.
Much love, Misty & Jonathan
Jamie, Marc & Katie,
Though we don't know you personally, our hearts ache for a brother & sisters in Christ who are going through such agony. There are no words for times like these, but please know that you are not suffering alone....others are alongside of you and are lifting you up to God asking for an immeasurable and continual overflow of peace, strength and comfort and that God would use precious Kody's short life for His glory. We are so deeply sorry for your enormous loss.
Much love,
Jen & Jeremiah Goley
Jamie & Marc,
We are friends of Misty and Jonathan. We to know the loss of an infant; we lost our baby daughter Sydney almost 5 years ago. I know the pain and heartache you are feeling and I pray that God will help you through the days and weeks ahead. You have to know that God had plans for little Kody far greater than we could ever imagine. He is now your guardian angel, looking down from heaven. Let that be a small comfort to you, as it was for us and continues to be throughout each day. We are truly sorry for the loss of your son.
A dear friend had given this poem to us when we loss our daughter. We hope that it can be of some comfort to you as well:
Little Angels
When God calls little children
To dwell with him above
We mortals often question
The wisdom of His love.
For no heartache compares with
The death of one small child
Who does so much to make this world
Seem wonderful and mild.
Perhaps God tires of calling
The aged to his fold
And so he picks a rosebud
Before it can grow old.
God knows how much we need them
And so He takes but few
To make the land of heaven
More beautiful to view.
Believing this is difficult
But somehow we must try.
The saddest word mankind knows
Will always be 'goodbye'
And so when little ones depart
We who are left behind
Must realize how much God loves
little children,
For angels are hard to find.
Love,
Tracy and Joe Lippert
Marc, Jamie and Katie,
We are so sorry for your recent loss. I know there is nothing that can take away the hurt, but our prayer for you is that you can read these words of encouragement from the many people who have continuously prayed for your family to help you get through each day. God has a plan for all of us, and we can be assured that He has a wonderful plan for baby Kody with Him in heaven. Please know that we are continuing to pray for your family.
Tim & Tiffani Bertram
Jamie, Marc, and Katie,
Though our family has not had the pleasure of meeting yours - we have been praying for you through the illness and loss of your son.
We are so sorry for your great loss. The Bible teaches us that our God is the "God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction..." (2 Cor. 1:3). We have been claiming that precious promise from God's Word for you all during these dark days. He teaches us that his ways are not our ways. Sometimes it is hard to see his plan through the pains of this life. But as someone has said, "When you can't see God's hand, trust his heart..." These words will be little consolation but I hope you know that many people in our community are lifting you all up to the throne of grace in your time of trouble. Many folks are hurting with you.
Chad and Jennifer Fugitt
Jamie, Marc and Katie,
we are so sorry for the loss of Kody. We are praying for u all in the days ahead and the strength of God to get u through it. May God Bless you all
Love you Tim and Catrina
Oh Jamie, I do not know where to begin or what to say. It breaks my heart so much to think of what you all must be going through right now. Please know that you are being lifted up by so many. I know that Kody's precious life was not in vain and that God is already using your faith to His glory. He loves you so much...I pray that you will feel the Lord wrapping His arms around you and giving you comfort and peace that you never knew existed. Please know we're praying for you always...
Love,
Lindsey Martin
Jamie, Marc and Katie,
I just wanted you to know that you all have been on my heart and in my prayers. My heart is truly broken for you and your family. Sometimes we don't understand why things happen the way the do, the only answer is God's ways are not our ways. May you find your hope and trust and strength in Him. I will be praying for you in the days ahead.
Love,
Misty Duke
Jamie, Marc & Katie,
Misty sent me an e-mail regarding praying for Kody and I was so sad to read the last e-mail and hear of his passing. It is so heartbreaking to hear of a life taken so soon. The whole family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time.
-Nicole Guffey
Jamie, Marc & Katie,
You have been in my thoughts and prayers everyday since before Kody entered this world. I have no way of knowing what you are going through right now but I pray God gives you the strength to get through each day one at a time and in the end find peace. Kody was a fighter and God has a plan at work that we do not know. He promised he would not give us more than we could handle although sometimes that is hard to understand. I pray for you all to find peace and rest in knowing that he is in the arms of the Lord and there is no safer place to be. May God bless you and your family. If you need anything let us know. My family and I are heart broken for you all and wish it was different. God Bless you.
Love,
Gina and family
Jamie, Marc & Katie - We can't even begin to say how very sorry we are to hear of your loss of Kody, as someone else has already commented, please know that you are not suffering alone. We think of you every day & have for some time. We know that you will have many hard days ahead, but just know that God gives you strength to endure those hard times. We will continue to pray for each of you & ask God to keep His loving arms around you & provide you with your needed strength.
So sorry,
Mike & Jacqueline DeRossett
Jamie, Marc & Katie, I don't even know where to begin to find the words to express how sorry we were to hear about baby Kody. It's so very hard to understand why things happen, but with love and your obvious faith in God I know you'll find comfort and peace. Your family is in our prayers! We love you.
God Bless, Tabatha & Michael
Jamie and Marc - my prayers are with you as you grieve the loss of your precious Kody. I am a cousin to the family's blog you found. I just want to let you know I am so grateful that you everyday you had with that sweet little boy and that each he will be with Christ in your heart for all eternity.
Blessing and peace,
Lori
Jamie, I found you through Lindsey's site, and I just wanted to let you know that someone in Louisiana is praying for you and your family. May God keep you close and grant you peace during this difficult time.
Hey Jamie, I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about you, and I'm still praying for you guys...
My mom told me that Katie is riding horses again, and I'm so glad that brought a smile to your face. If you ever need anything, let me know...my e-mail address is lindseyemartin@yahoo.com.
Much love...
Just wanted to say that I am thinking of you and praying for you as this anniversary weekend approaches. God bless you.
Love,
Misty
Post a Comment