About Me

My photo
Monticello, KY, United States
Hi! For those of you that don't know me I'm Jamie Jones and I've been married to Marc for six years. We have a four year old daughter Katie and expecting a son Kody! We are scheduled for delivery June 22, 2009 I've always been a private person and didn't want my personal life posted for everyone to read. But the other night I came across a blog that really made me think different. A few months ago we found out our son is going to be born with a heart defect. So researching trying to find out as much as I can I found a family that is going through the same thing and it has really touched my heart. Their outlook and faith in God was really what I needed that night. I feel like I was lead to their page for a reason. I've thought about them often today and decided to post my own blog. We have a lot of family and friends that are praying for us and this will help keep them posted.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It's hard to believe that it will soon be three months since Kody passed away. In ways it all seems like a dream and this never happened to us. Katie struggles daily some are better than others and she has so many questions that are hard to answer.

We did go over Kody's autopsy report with his cardiologist. We found out that Kody had a lot of damage to his lungs around the time he was put on the ecmo machine. His left lung had irreversiable damage. The central remaining region of the right lung was of limited size and unable to sustain life. We did learn that if Kody survived he would have only lived with one lung and had limited activites. He would have came home on oxygen. They also noted he had an Interrupted Aortic Arch, Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV), a large VSD (hole) and Pulmonary Stenosis.

We would like to thank everyone for all their prayers and support during Kody's surgery and passing. God has blessed us with wonderful friends and family. We'll never forget everyone's kindness.

October 15th is Pregnancy and Infant Loss day. Remember your baby or a friend's baby by lighting a candle in rememberance.

www.october15th.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie & family,
Although we have never met, your precious family continues to be in our family's thoughts and prayers. May you continue to feel the presence of our Heavenly Father each and every day. We pray for His peace to be your strength.
Much Love,
The Bowling Family
Los Angeles, CA

lindsey said...

Oh Jamie, those were the most precious videos. I especially love the one of Katie and Kody...how special that you have such a sweet video of them together. I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you today and praying for you...and not just today.

Anonymous said...

Jamie,
This is sooo precious. It was so obvious that Kody loved his sister. :) Kody is an angel in the arms of Jesus and Katie is an angel here on earth. :)
Love you guys,
Misty

noahandlylasmommi said...

so sorry for your families loss. I am praying for y'all.

Post a Comment