About Me

My photo
Monticello, KY, United States
Hi! For those of you that don't know me I'm Jamie Jones and I've been married to Marc for six years. We have a four year old daughter Katie and expecting a son Kody! We are scheduled for delivery June 22, 2009 I've always been a private person and didn't want my personal life posted for everyone to read. But the other night I came across a blog that really made me think different. A few months ago we found out our son is going to be born with a heart defect. So researching trying to find out as much as I can I found a family that is going through the same thing and it has really touched my heart. Their outlook and faith in God was really what I needed that night. I feel like I was lead to their page for a reason. I've thought about them often today and decided to post my own blog. We have a lot of family and friends that are praying for us and this will help keep them posted.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Good News

Saturday Dr. Plunkett was pleased with Kody's progress and decided to start taking him off the echmo machine. He has lost a lot of the fluid and his heart rate had became more stable. So he was in the 700's on the echmo and they had him down to 460 by this morning (Sunday). When we left tonight his blood pressure was up meaning his heart was doing more work and they took the machine down to 300. The goal is to have him down to 200 by 7 a.m. then if all goes well they may close his chest up tomorrow and we'll be on the road to recovery. Hopefully we can be home in ten days after they close his chest. We can't wait to get home and finally be able to hold our baby in our arms.

Please keep us in your prayers that everything will keep going well.

And again we can't express enough how thankfull we are of everyone's thoughts and prayers. It has helped so much to know we have so many praying for us and Kody's recovery.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie, We are praying everything goes well this morning and they will be able to close his chest. We think you all daily and are always in are prayers. Remember we are just a phone call away if there is anything you need us to do. Love, Chuck and Kim

Anonymous said...

Our Prayers are with you!! Good Luck!!

Justin & Heather Piercy

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful news!!!!! I also think of you all a lot and am still praying. It's good to hear from you. I hate I haven't been able to reach you when I call. I'm glad to hear that Kody's doing better and hopefully you all will be home in the next few days. Thanks for keeping us updated and I hope next time to hear that they were able to close his chest up and everything's still looking good for you guys! I look forward to hearing more good news and knowing that God is answering our prayers.With lots of love, Steph

Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie,
Such great news about Kody! We are praying for his recovery. Take care we love you all
Tim Catrina Madison and Natalie Hale

Post a Comment