Last time I posted a blog we were hoping to get Kody off the ecmo machine. Monday they found out his right lung had collapsed and didn't take him off the machine. They ran a scope down his lung and found some blood clots. Through out the night they suctioned his lungs and had him on some medicine to help clear his lungs. Today his lung looked better and tried to bring him off the machine again. His heart looked great while he was off the machine but his lung still wasn't working the way it should. His blood pressure and his oxygen levels both started to drop so they put him back on the machine. Before we left tonight they did a bronchoscopy and didn't see any thing preventing his lungs to open. They did put him on a ventilator to help the lung expand.
They seem to have high hopes to get him off the machine tomorrow. Hopefully we'll have success. Just keep us in your prayers that everything will work out.
We can't tell you enough how much we appreciate everyone's kindness right now. God has blessed us with a wonderful family and circle of friends.
About Me
- Jamie Jones
- Monticello, KY, United States
- Hi! For those of you that don't know me I'm Jamie Jones and I've been married to Marc for six years. We have a four year old daughter Katie and expecting a son Kody! We are scheduled for delivery June 22, 2009 I've always been a private person and didn't want my personal life posted for everyone to read. But the other night I came across a blog that really made me think different. A few months ago we found out our son is going to be born with a heart defect. So researching trying to find out as much as I can I found a family that is going through the same thing and it has really touched my heart. Their outlook and faith in God was really what I needed that night. I feel like I was lead to their page for a reason. I've thought about them often today and decided to post my own blog. We have a lot of family and friends that are praying for us and this will help keep them posted.
5 comments:
Hey guys,sorry to hear about the set back. I know it's hard to keep your all's heads up,but just keep trying and believing. Prayers are still the key and you're right God has blessed you all with a wonderful family. We just have to keep seeking Him. I know He will take care of you all. We don't always understand why things happen the way they do though. I hope today is a better day for you all. Thanks for keeping us posted. Love you all, with many prayers sent your all's way,Steph
What an amazing little guy! Kody, you are such a trooper!!! Luke had a collapsed lung the first go around too...one step forward...two steps back... but NEVER doubth that God is still in control!!! We are continuing to pray for baby Kody and thankful for all the miracles so far and those to come. Love & Blessings, The Nicholson's
I know you guys are weary - but I believe that today will be a better day! We are praying that the attempt to take Kody off of the ecmo machine today will be a success. Keeping you in our hearts and prayers!
Love,
Misty
So sorry to hear about Kody's little lung, but I have faith that everything will be just fine. Kody is in Gods loving hands, he will continue to watch over him. Kody has so many people praying for his speedy recovery. God really does listen to prayers and I know he will continue to listen and help little Kody. Take care and know we will continue to pray and keep you guys in our thoughts.
God Bless
Tabatha
Just wanted you to know my family and I are still praying and know that God is listening. Kody is a tough little guy to make it this far and I know God will carry him through. Remember if you need anything let us know. We care and we love you all!!
Gina
Post a Comment