I just though I would update everyone of this week's progress. After Sunday when they tried to take him off the ecmo machine they decided to give him a few days of rest. So we've just been hanging out with Kody. His blood pressure, heart rate and oxygen levels have been great.
We did have a little excitement Tuesday morning when some air got into the lines of the ecmo machine. They aren't sure where the air got in from but it cause a pretty big excitement trying to get the air out befor it flowed through the circuit. The first time was at three in the morning and then again at eight. They decided to change machines and hasn't happened again.
We talked to the doctors today and they plan on trying to get him off the machine Thursday. They have surgery in the morning and depending on how long that takes they will try when they get out of OR. I guess if the surgery takes to long they will wait till Friday morning. They said his lungs are looking a lot better and this afternoon we actually seen him trying to take some breaths on his own! I hope that was a good sign. With the ventilator and the ecmo machine he doesn't breath on his own. It's odd to watch him lay there and not see his chest moving. But we were talking this afternoon and seen his little chest moving up and down. We did see him raise his eye brows too. This may seem like little things but with him being so sedated for two weeks we look forward to those little movements.
I hope and pray that Kody can get off the ecmo tomorrow. We'll be so glad to get him better and bring him home. It's been a long three weeks already.
We can't thank everyone enough for everything that you've done for us. We'll never know what all has been done but it hasn't gone unnoticed. I know we've been blessed with wonderfull friends, family and co-workers and we are so thankfull for all of you. Please keep praying for Kody and his recovery. He has been a strong fighter through all of this and your prayers have brought us this far.
About Me
- Jamie Jones
- Monticello, KY, United States
- Hi! For those of you that don't know me I'm Jamie Jones and I've been married to Marc for six years. We have a four year old daughter Katie and expecting a son Kody! We are scheduled for delivery June 22, 2009 I've always been a private person and didn't want my personal life posted for everyone to read. But the other night I came across a blog that really made me think different. A few months ago we found out our son is going to be born with a heart defect. So researching trying to find out as much as I can I found a family that is going through the same thing and it has really touched my heart. Their outlook and faith in God was really what I needed that night. I feel like I was lead to their page for a reason. I've thought about them often today and decided to post my own blog. We have a lot of family and friends that are praying for us and this will help keep them posted.
2 comments:
May God bless you all today or tomorrow with good news of Kody breathing on his own and him remaining stable. I think about you all often,just wish there was something I could do for you guys to help ease the pain and stress of what your going through. Know that I have been praying and will continue to do so!!!!With much love being sent your all's way. Hopefully today God will see fit for Kody's little lungs to expand and work accordingly. Thanks for the update!!! Just try to keep your all's heads up and my prayer is that God will strengthen and carry you all today and in the days to come. Love and prayers,Steph
I am hoping and praying for glorious news today or tomorrow. He is a fighter and you all have been so strong to stay right there and even take time to update the ones of us who can't be there. We hold you up in our prayers and thank God everyday for bringing you this far and knowing he can put his arms around Kody and bring him out of this in an instant, that is what we all are praying for. Hang in there and hopefully soon you will have your baby boy at home healthy, happy, and loved.
Love,
Gina
Post a Comment