Just four months after we lost
Kody I found myself holding a positive pregnancy test. I can't put into words the feelings that I had at that moment. I was happy of the thought of having another baby, sad because I missed
Kody, scared that something could go wrong and worried if the heart was developing correctly.
It was the day before Thanksgiving that I found out and we decided to wait till after the holidays to tell everyone. It was hard going through the holidays that should have been Kody's first. Instead we were decorating his head stone and buying memorial ornaments for his tree.
We did make it till the first of January before we told anyone. It's hard for a four year little girl to keep a secret that big too. It didn't take long before everyone was finding out.
I'll save the details till the end so you can meet the newest addition of our family.
The morning of July 27th we were scheduled for a c-section at 7:30 a.m. We arrived at 6:00 to finish my paper work and prep for surgery.
Katie had to feel my belly one more time before she meeting her brother.
Just moments before heading to OR
At 8: 11 a.m. I got to hear Kaleb's first cry and my heart just melted. I heard the doctor say he's got to be a ten pounder! Then before he went to be checked out I gave Kaleb his first kiss.
Out side "Big Sister" was so excited as she waited for Kaleb to come through the doors.
+of+DSC_0022.JPG)
Then the doors finally opened and she gets to meet him for the first time.

The nurse calls back to tell us that he weighed 10 lb and 3 oz! 20.5 inches
With our history we asked that he be checked out from head to toe very carefully. It was about three hours later before he came back from the nursery.
I finally got to hold him in my arms for the first time. It was a bitter sweet moment as my heart had longed to hold my baby for so long.
You can see the joy that filled the room by the look on our face.

I love this picture! He doesn't look like he's just a few hours old.
I'll have to take a minute to brag on Katie. She has been the best big sister and so helpful. I can't even thank her enough for every thing that she does to help me. She is so wise beyond her years and quite the momma hen. Marc and I both try to give her extra attention and special dates with us since she's been so good. She has waited so long to be a big sister and I'm so proud of her for being so understanding when Kaleb needs so much care. So in the middle of all the diaper changing and bottle feedings we still squeeze in the time for Katie and her horse Smoke. She rode in her first horse show the week before Kaleb was born and got a First Place Ribbon. I'm looking forward to seeing her show next year.

For the last two months we've enjoyed spoiling Kaleb. As Katie says..."He's Mommy spoiled" He loves to be talked to and held of course. It's not all my fault because if I don't have him there's always someone else around that wants to hold him. I wouldn't have it any other way either. We seen Kody go through so much last year and wanted to hold him so bad and comfort him. Those days with him I learned to have patience and sometimes I have to remind my self of that too. The 26 days that God blessed us with him I had to learn that things don't happen the way we want but according to God's plan. I probably will never understand why Kody had to go through everything he did but I know that we will be reunited one day. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him or how life would be if he were here. I know I would be one happy and busy Mom.

I can say that I'm one of the happiest mom's that you can meet. I love my kids and they are my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. I look forward to spending time and creating memories with them.

I would like to thank all my family and friends that have prayed for my family the last two years. It has been like a roller coaster ride for us. So many ups and downs but God has brought us through it all. I feel so blessed to have such great people in my life.
2 comments:
How wonderful! What a beautiful post and a gorgeous family! <3 Congratulations!
I am so thankful that Kaleb is here & is healthy. You have been truely blessed. You can tell by the pictures that Katie is a very good big sister!!
Post a Comment